Header image  

 

HISTORY AND LIFE MEMBERS

 
line decor
  
line decor

 
 
 

 
 
CLUB HISTORY

Our club was formed in 1936, after the Great Depression and prior to World War II. Tough times they were for our district and our country, yet even back then our club provided a great outlet for a community, living off the back of H.V. McKay’s marvellous invention the ‘Sunshine Harvester’

Before moving to our present site in Phoenix St in 1978, our Club was founded in Garnet St North Sunshine on private land owned by Pop Pemberton where he built two stone dust courts.  We joined other clubs playing competitions organised by the Sunshine & District Tennis Association.

In recent years we have invested significant effort and capital into having four brand new Mod grass courts on a soft crush rock porous base. In 2006 our courts were floodlit with the latest state of the art lights.

We have won many premierships. More importantly we have a rich and wonderful history of proudly creating recreational opportunities for our community in a warm and friendly environment, where many life time friendships have been formed.  We warmly welcome you. 

 

LIFE MEMBERS

1970                   SADIE PARSONS  (nee Pemberton)
1970                   EDIE WILSON  (nee Pemberton)
1976                   LAWRENCE  MOTTIN
1976                   JOHN DREHER
1976                   DON HAYDEN
1980                   JOFFRE SCOTT
1994                   NANCY SCOTT
1995                   JOHN SCOTT
2004                   JOHN HARVEY
2007                   JOHN WILLIS
2012                   CHRIS HUMBERT
2016                   GERARD LEHANE

 
 

 

ABOUT US
Address:
Dempster Park
68 Phoenix Street
North Sunshine VIC 3020

Map Reference: M26, K-10

4 mod-grass courts
all courts flood lit

 

CONTACT NUMBERS

Brendan - 0490 039 431
Gerard - 0409 561 806

 
 
 
             
Free Web Hosting
Free Web Hosting